Monday 15 July 2013

Mid Year Resolutions ♥


If your wondering what the hell I'm going on about when I say 'Mid Year Resolutions' let me explain in the best possible way... Basically I feel like I've been going wrong with life at the moment, like... me and my mum have been falling out a lot, which means me and my step-dad have also been falling out a lot and I don't really feel like going to school or out of the house much really. When this happens I try to get my self on track by just making myself a list of where I'm going wrong and what I'm going to do to correct it so... kinda like 'New Years Resolutions' but its not New Year its Mid Year...

1. I need to start to clean and help around the house.






2. I really need to stop being cheeky to my parents, no matter how hard I find it, I NEED TO BE RESPECTFUL! And live by this cheesy 'Tumblr' quote!





3. I need to smile and be confident.

I think this one is better if I explain it in a little further detail... I've been so grumpy lately and I feel like I haven't smiled or had a good laugh in a while... and I am ALWAYS laughing, also I hate my body, I know that I need to lose weight, I'm pretty lucky at school because people are kind and don't tease me about it at all, but i know that I'm unhappy in myself, which brings me on to my next resolution....





4. BE HEALTHY!

I've started to exercise (running and stuff), and I'm actually really proud of my self because today I ran 25 minutes without stopping! To most of you this may sound a bit.... crappy... but considering how far I've come, I'm proud!





5. Stop being so materialistic!!


Just putting this out there guys, my family aren't poor and I do go on holiday a lot and I do have a fair few designer items but... Sometimes I really annoy myself, I'll be scrolling through Instagram (AKA my addiction) and i'll see pictures of people in my year at school saying that their going abroad twice this summer and then I scroll down again to see 'Just been shopping, New purchases' and then about 1,000,000,000,000 items of clothing from Topshop and Urban Outfitters! This leaves me thinking... 'It's so unfair how some people have such perfect lives, with huge houses and amazing clothes and loads of holidays' So.... I explained this to my mum... And she gave me the best advice anyone has ever given to me she said as follows 'Lyd, just because someone seems to have all the clothes and money and holidays and boasts about it all over the internet doesn't exactly mean they have the best life on the inside, be thankful for what you have and who you have and don't let people trick you into thinking the grass is greener elsewhere because it most certainly isn't' If you take nothing else from this post, please take that quote!

I'll let you know soon if I get on well with living out these resolutions.


Thanks for reading, I enjoyed writing this one...

Lyds oxox












No comments:

Post a Comment